The beverages industry is a dynamic, global industry with an increasing demand for high quality products.
Besides stabilizing or decolourizing juices, natural colours, flavours and polyphenols can be recovered from all kind of fruits or plant extracts.
CHEMRA is marketing a variety of adsorbents, ion exchange resins and chromatographic resins in these markets. Paired with a novel, high performing separation technology to meet the demand for safe and optimal food processing, CHEMRA is increasing the production yield by reducing the environmental impact of the process at the same time.
The major applications of these adsorbents, ion exchangers and chromatographic resins in clear and cloudy juices or plant extracts are:
- Stabilization of apple, pear and grape juice
- Partial or complete decolourization of apple, pear and grape juice
- Patulin and HMF removal
- Pesticides reduction
- Debittering and stabilization of lemon, orange and grapefruit juice by removing Limonin < 5 ppm (taste threshold) and Naringin1
- Enhancement of citrus peel extracts by removing bitterness and adstrigency
- Acidity reduction and ratio adjustment1
- Reduction of browning in lemon juice1
- Recovery of polyphenols and anthocyanins and other bio-active compounds from juice2, waste streams and plant extracts
- Removal of off-flavours
- Improvement of sensory properties
1Pulp content 0.5-1% max. in single strength juice treatment. Can also be used in combination with membrane processes